“Humans do not create ecosystems, however, they can design the conditions under which ecosystems can emerge and thrive”.
If you are planning an ecological landscape for your property and wish to explore the magical world of Permaculture, it may be wise to get advice, and even professional assistance and I am glad I can help. Getting things right the first time saves a lot of time, effort, cost and disappointment in the long run, and may be well worth the initial investment.
But what is different about a Permaculture design?
- It makes use of naturally inherent characteristics and behaviours of plants and animals (including humans!) to design systems. While doing so, their relationships with the natural characteristics of the landscape is also studied for maximum utilisation. This creates an environmentally safe and regenerative landscapes.
- It believes in intensive rather than extensive systems.
- It has diversity in species, cultivars, yields, microclimates, habitats and functions.
- It can be adjusted to small landholdings.
- It produces no waste.
- Requires only natural maintenance.
- Efficiently uses water and energy and other resource inputs.
- It always focuses on functions with aesthetics to aim towards long term sustainability.
Please feel free to connect for assistance with the above and if you need a consult for a unique requirement which is not one of the above, we also have associates and collegues who specialise in different fields and can assist you.
In case you wish to explore Permaculture through workshops or courses, browse on the LEARN page of the site.
In either case, the best way to start is to drop us a line or make a call.
I travel extensively on project sites and for my own learning journeys and am often booked ahead with work. It would be a great idea to pre-book an appointment just to be sure we can connect.